Establishing an estate plan is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself and your loved ones.
You’ve worked hard your whole life to provide for your family and make your loved ones more secure. Proper estate planning not only puts you in charge of your finances, it can also spare your loved ones the expense, delay, and frustration associated with managing your affairs should you be unable to do so.
Keep in mind that without thoughtful estate planning, your assets may be distributed in accordance to state intestacy laws, which may not be your intended wishes.
Our firm regularly assists families with planning strategies for:
- Reviewing current estate planning documents
- Lifetime gifting
- Charitable giving strategies
- Setting up and administering trusts
- Business succession for family-owned businesses
- Preparing estate, trust and gift tax returns
- Estate and trust administration
- Judicial accountings – formal and informal
- Post-mortem estate planning
- Generation skipping transfers
- Retirement planning
- Life Insurance and long-term care planning
- Valuation services for estates and gifting
From customized design to successful implementation, our tailored approach will take you through the entire estate planning process. We will work with each member of your estate planning team to finalize your estate plan. These members may include your accountant, attorney, charitable giving officer, financial advisor, insurance agent, and trust officer.